Monday 18 April 2016

It's Been A While

Okay,  I've been absent from this blog for too long!

In the time that I have been absent, obviously a lot has happened.

In March 2015 I flew over to Bern in Switzerland to take part in the European Gathering of the Pack.

This was awesome!  Had a great time, and some great fights, making new friends and learning new lessons.  I must have done okay because the tribe accepted me as Dog Ste!

In February 2016 I brought Benjamin Rittiner over to St. Helens for a stick day and seminar.  Again, this was amazing!!  The stick day was a great day of sparring and workshops, with all the DBMA Northwest UK guys and Combative Edge Academy members giving a great showing of skill and heart.  The Sunday was an incredible seminar by Guro Benjamin, covering topics such as defensive footwork and attacking.

I was also fortunate enough to receive a promotion to Red Tags :-)


Most recently I went over to Hannover in Germany for the first European Gathering of 2016.  This time it was a two day affair where I got to fight with some excellent warriors and have a great time.  Again I must have done something right because I am now C-Hobbit Dog!!

As soon as I get some pictures through I will post them on here.  Until then here are the revised class times: -

Tuesdays: 7.00 pm - Knife
Tuesdays: 8:00 pm - Dog Brothers Martial Arts Weapons & More Training
Wednesdays: 7:00 pm - Kali Kids for ages 8 - 16, concentrating on empty hand but touching on weapons for those mature enough.
Wednesdays: 8:00 pm - Filipino Street Boxing - Empty hand training
Thursdays: 7:00 pm - Dog Brothers Martial Arts Weapons & More Training
Thursdays: 8:30 pm - Ng Gar Tien Wing Chun Kung Fu with instructor Jonny Fell.

Our workshops are continuing at NGT Runcorn, with the next one being this Saturday, 23rd April at 7:00 pm.

As always if you have any questions contact me at steormerod@hotmail.com or use the widget on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment